The first cut is the deepest right? Unfortunately that was the case throughout my attempts at perfecting the hasselback butternut squash but not worries, this rosemary, thyme and garlic gourd can be save if served differently! So enjoy this meal that packs flavour and nutrients!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 0.5 pear
- 25 g low fat ricotta
- Bürgen Whole Grain & Oats Bread or other whole grain bread
- Prehead oven to 200C (400F).
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place on baking tray face down.
- Bake around 20 minutes or until the larger end (where the seeds were) has softened.
- Slice the squash every 2-3mm, but make sure not to cut through (if you do, leave the pieces together).
- Bake until the whole stash is knife tender.
- Enjoy over toast with ricotta, fresh pear and a crack of fresh pepper!