Summer squash season is upon us and that means zucchinis are in every menu nowadays. So to incorporate that in to everyone’s favourite loaf, I made a Banana Zucchini Bread!
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
- Finely grate the zucchinis and press as much excess water out of them.
- In large bowl, mash the bananas and add the zucchinis, oil, vanilla and sugar, and mix until combined.
- In medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into the wet. Avoid overmixing.
- Scoop dough into pan and bake for 50 min or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting in center of the loaf.
- Allow to cool in loaf pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
I topped this loaf with an Earl Grey glaze and bee pollen for added flavour and crunch.