Summer is just around the corner and rhubarb has started to grow everywhere! What does that mean? Rhubarb in everything of course!
Rhubarb goodies usually include strawberries, orange and/or ginger. Inspired by these flavours, I decided to create a jam with orange, cardamom and start anise!
Here’s my recipe for honey roasted cardamom rhubarb jam:
- 1.5 kg rhubarb
- 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup honey (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut rhubarb into 3 inch strips.
- In large bowl, add the rhubarb and 1/4 cup honey, and coat.
- Zest and peler à vif the orange (remove the skin and pith).
- Place rhubarb and orange on baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer into a small pot, add the remaining honey, and spices and bring to simmer for 20 minutes.
- With a handheld blender (or regular blender), blend until smooth consistency.
- Taste, and adjust sweetness, if required.