What to do with all your summer leeks? The answer is simple: make a delicious charred leek sauce.
You can use it as a dressing for salads, to replace hollandaise on your eggs benny or even use it to replace mayo in some recipes!
I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
Charred leek sauce
- 16 leeks
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat up a grill or BBQ.
- Cut leeks in half lengthwise and place on grill in order to char them.
- Once the grill marks are visible and the leeks have softened, remove.
- Place leeks, parmesan, lemon juice and water in a blender or food processor. And allow to turn pasty.
- Slowly add string of oil in order to obtain a stable emulsion.
- Taste and season as desired.
- Pass through strainer to get rid of the undesired fibers.