It’s time to indulge with an easy and quick breakfast. It’s a pepper and zucchini hash (minus the potatoes).The vitamin C content is very high, so start your day off right!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, optional
- Chop onion finely.
- Mince garlic.
- Cut peppers into 5mm cubes.
- Cut zucchini into 5mm cubes (I prefer to use only the exterior for color and use the inside to make zucchini noodles).
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onion, allow to soften. Add a pinch of salt. Then add the garlic and allow to soften.
- Add the peppers, season, and cook for 3-4 mins until they begin to soften, then add the zucchini. Add the thyme. Cook for a few minutes and keep warm while you make your eggs.
- Prepare your eggs how you like them (I personally love them sunny side up so the yolk creates a creamy sauce in the vegetables).
- Serve the ratatouille and top with the egg.
The vibrant colors and nutritious quality of the ingredients will brighten your day! This recipe is very quick and doesn’t require too much time. You can chop the ingredients ahead of time and cook them in the morning. The simplified ratatouille can also be served as a side with meat for lunch or dinner. Try it with a lemon and mustard marinated chicken, leafy greens and quinoa and you have a full meal!